E C E
The "Electronic Corrosion Engineer"
Both for flowline applications and for production tubing, the ECE provides:
Each of the above programs has its own window, and they can be viewed simultaneously. The input into the various ECE programs is done by means of scroll bars, making it possible to "scan" through various parameter values and observe the effect as changes in the graphical display of results. Special effort has been made to make the ECE extremely user-friendly.
- A corrosion rate predictor for carbon steel in sweet or sour conditions, with consideration of all the common options for corrosion control.
- A risk prediction tool to evaluate the risk of early failure of the carbon steel.
- A Corrosion Resistant Alloy (CRA) evaluator to select the most suitable alloy for the environmental conditions, taking the risk of corrosion, pitting or stress corrosion cracking in the production conditions automatically into account.
- A database, which gives manufacturers names and addresses for alloy tubing and for pipe of the required size.
- A Life Cycle Cost calculator, which evaluates the economics of corrosion control of carbon steel and the use of CRAs on the basis of Net Present Value, enabling cost comparison of various material choices.
- A corrosion rate predictor for sweet conditions and also for sour service conditions (based on the fundamental chemistry of the solubilities of corrosive gasses and protective layers).
- A method of evaluating the corrosivity of water/oil mixtures incorporating the API gravity of the oil, the water cut, the flow rate and the angle of flow.
- Instant read-out with change in any parameter of the effect on the corrosion rate profiles in tubing and flowlines, with report of the maximum corrosion rate and pH values.
- Evaluation of the risk of failure of carbon steel, translated from the accuracy of model prediction
- Evaluation of the suitability of CRAs for the given conditions, evaluating each, quantitatively, on a matrix of conditions covering T, partial pressure of CO2, H2S, Chloride content, pH.
- Immediate indication of the availability of CRA pipe manufacturers in the specific material and dimensions requested.
- Life cycle cost analysis taking into account details of fabrication speed, pipelaying method and means of corrosion control of carbon steel.
- Help files pertinent to each window giving the technical background and references.
In order to see typical examples of these windows, click on
Flowlines or on Tubing.
The ECE program is presently available as download from Wood Group Intetech Ltd., contact Liane Smith.